This week I am going to get straight on with the recipes that are pictured above. All of the details are below starting at the top left hand corner and working clockwise:
- The first recipe of Chickpea Sundal is from one of my favourite blogs, Vegan Richa. It has been a while since I have featured it so I am pleased to include this recipe. This simple recipe is so quick to make but will be lovely, I am adding it to my next curry night.
- These Avocado Edamame Potstickers from Yup It’s Vegan made it to my final 6 for the great combo of avocado and edamame, who would not like that, plus the recipe is amazing too!
- At the moment I am trying to lose the weight I put on giving up smoking and so I am eating a lot of soup and so I got very excited when I saw this Coconut Curried Eggplant & Chickpeas Soup from Dishing Up The Dirt and had to include it. Clearly this week I am in a chickpea and coconut mood but that is not bad.
- There are a lot of pumpkin recipes around at the moment and many of them are very similar to what I have seen before so I was delighted when I came across this Pumpkin Bread with Toasted Walnut Cinnamon Swirl from Sprouted Kitchen and know that it is a must make recipe.
- I have it in my head that I should eat more raw food but a lot of the time I find other things more appealing but this Sprouted Buckwheat Breakfast Bowl from Amy Chaplin is getting me wanting to have a raw breakfast.
- Finally I am actually finishing with another pumpkin bread recipe so a bit repetitive but this Chocolate Pumpkin Coconut Bread from Heather Christo is just impossible to resist and I am sure you will love it too.
So now I am going to share with you what is going on with me and get some other bits and pieces that you might find interesting:
- I have a lot of exciting stuff going on with me at the moment but much of it you already know but my training is coming along nicely and I am really enjoying teaching yoga, applying it to sport and learning more and more about how to do that.
- My first link to share with you is 37 Simple Pleasures You Can’t Buy With Cash from Care2. Some of them might not fit for you but there are sure to be some thing that make you smile and it is the perfect inspiration to begin making your gratitude list.
- An exciting bit of news is that Cristina from Veggie Bytes has nominated me for the Leibster Award which means I have some interesting questions to answer and need to decide on the blogs I want to nominate. Hopefully this should be out in the next week so look out for it!
- I really enjoyed this article on Mindfulness in a Big City and it certainly could be something we could all do with more of.
- There was a great post on Vegan Insanity about how Cassie got over Cheese Addiction. I have mostly done this but I have to be honest cheeses I find it hard to do without so if anyone knows a good recipe for Roquefort please let me know.
- I love goji berries and just had to share with you this post I found on Hello Natural for 17 Superfood Recipes with Goji Berries there are some really lovely ones there.
- The next post is one that really touched me and nearly made me cry it is from Prolific Living and about How to Show Empathy but in the introduction to the post Farnoosh talks about the suicide of Robin Williams. That in itself is not what got to me but my dad actually committed suicide over 7 years ago now and things like this still get to me. It is a very thoughtful post and worth reading as this is a subject not discussed enough and one that most people don’t want to talk about so it often gets brushed under the carpet, bringing it out in the open like this is always a good thing for me.
- Finally I am going to finish with my favourite post from Tiny Buddha which is always great for a bit of inspiration and a particularly liked this one about when you lack focus.