Rather than tell you (again) about the headache I have had deciding on the recipes to include this week I am just going to get straight on with it and detail the recipes below starting from the top left hand corner and working clockwise:
- I am starting with Walnut Steamed Beets & Greens with Miso Balsamic Drizzle from Produce on Parade. Firstly let me say that I love beetroot, I always have but over the last year or so i have developed a bit of a problem with purple food in that it makes me nauseous. I have no idea why but if there is too much juice my body rejects it. I think that this recipe might work for me though and it just looks so yummy!
- My next recipe is one of the prettiest treats that I have seen and I am certain that they are The Best Salted Peanut Butter Cups and something a bit special from Tales of a Kitchen. I have to be honest, I am still trying to lose the weight that I put on giving up smoking last year so these are off the agenda at the moment but as soon as I can these are going to be made and eaten and I am certain loved.
- I am now moving on to my dip section. I am calling it a section because I actually had 4 dip recipes that I loved this week (if you don’t know already i love dips). So I picked one for the roundup which is Parsley Pesto White Bean Hummus from Pickles & Honey which just sounds amazing and one I am going to make this weekend. However there were also 3 other dips that sound a bit special and I thought you might like to know about them too:
- Cilantro Chile Almond Dip from Keepin’ it Kind – do I need to say anything else
- Bean and Kale Miso Dip from Produce on Parade – another great recipe this week
- Asian Inspired Sesame Guacamole from Coffee & Quinoa – sounds really amazing!
- This one is a bit special but it is a Salted Chocolate Pretzel Ice Cream Cake from Oh Ladycakes. Can you imagine anything more tasty than this? The minute I saw the pictures for this recipe I was just in love with it as I usually am with recipes from this blog. Definitely one to keep for a special occasion.
- Mexican Pizza from Veggies Don’t Bite. I have really started to get into Mexican food lately, mainly because I think it has only be the last few years that we have been able to get decent Mexican food in London. Despite that it is still something I am not confident making and think there is no way I can get it to taste how it does in the restaurants. This recipe has really inspired me and I think it might be one that is a long term favourite.
- Last but not least is this Rosewater Pistachio Quinoa from Olives for Dinner which is my idea of a tasty treat. The flavour combinations are fantastic and as a dessert it will certain keep you full and is actually quite good for you.
- The first thing I want to share with you is that I have developed a desire to grow my own little herb garden. It is only an idea at the moment but it came from the fact I got a little basil plant and I have actually been keeping it alive (just). Then this week I have a brilliant post Health Perch all about Herbs, how to grow them and how to use them. It is not massively detailed though so I might use the book my mum has from when I was a kid.
- In the past I have mentioned the emails I get every week from Bold Vegan but in the past the content of the emails were not on the internet, now they are so I can share them with you. Every Saturday my day is brightened by these emails, they are nearly always funny and just leave you with a story you can totally identify with or something that makes you feel amazing. This week is was a special piece of advice. I will let you read it to find out what.
- This week I got accepted onto the Yoga Sports Science course which I have already shared but just had to tell you again because I am so excited and can’t wait to get my enrolment details and begin studying.
- As someone who is very concerned about my weight I love this post on Delicious Knowledge, it is part of their weight loss series and this post concentrates on Improving Body Confidence. I think that is something we could all do with more of so get over there and give it a read.
- My favourite bread in the whole world is sourdough, I can always eat it but have never got round to making it. This series on Making A Sourdough Starter From Scratch by Om Nom Ally is a real inspiration and I might get started with my starter this weekend!
- One other interesting thing that I did this week was going to the theatre, I don’t get to go that often and I nearly forgot about it but I made it. So last night I went to see The Crucible at The Old Vic which is where Kevin Spacey is Artistic Director. I did enjoy it but I have to say it was a bit too long, the play was 3 hours 30 minutes plus an interval which was hard going. It is also not that nice of a theatre and not one I would be rushing back to. Having said that the acting was amazing and generally a good experience.
- Finally I am going to finish with a little post that I quite liked from Henry Happened on the 6 Health Benefits of Aloe Vera. I am a bit of a fan of Aloe Vera so liked the post and thought I would share it with you.
Thanks so much for including my Mexican Pizza!! Hope you like it!