You might have noticed that this post is going out a bit late and that I have been a bit light on posts over the last week, I do have a good reason for this. Basically we have been decorating recently which has been taken up a lot of my time but on Tuesday evening we started to notice water leaking through the ceiling below the bathroom. We thought it was only something minor but in the morning it seemed to get worse and well, the whole ceiling collapsed.
I’m sure you can imagine that with mess like that I have been quite busy sorting things out and have not really had time to write on the blog. There is still quite a lot of work to be done but I am going to try and fit my posts in around it starting with this one. So I should really get onto the point of this post and give you the details of my favourite 6 recipes which are pictured above and detailed on clockwise order starting at the top right hand corner:
- How lovely does this Strawberry Ice Cream Cake from Petite Allergy Treats look? The fact that it is completely vegan is a real bonus.
- My California Roots is a blog I have only recently come across and there are some great recipes on it including these Spicy Garlic Green Beans which are nice and easy to make but would be the perfect accompaniment to any meal (well almost any meal!).
- If you read my blog on a regular basis you will know that The Minimalist Baker is one of my favourite blogs and I actually have to fight with myself to not put them in my roundup every week but I just could not resist with The World’s Easiest Sticky Buns – I think this might be my sunday morning baking task this week.
- While I am on the topic of favourites I am back to Vegan Miam and this amazing Thai Green Papaya Salad which just looks amazing. I have to say this blog has really inspired me to try cooking more Asian food, although not all the recipes on the blog are Asian there are some amazing ones that I can highly recommend.
- I absolutely love Indian food and this Palak Stuffed Khandvi from Yummily Yours is something completely new to me but it looks so amazing I will have to try it.
- My last offering comes from another blog I have only recently come across and it looks great. This stunning Arugula White Bean Polenta Bruschetta with Miso Balsamic Drizzle from Veggies Don’t Bite is something a bit different and just had to be included.
- The first one is Peanut Avocado Sushi from Conoisseurus Veg which is something a bit different for me. Being vegetarian for my whole life I have never really had a great love of Japanese food and also I hate Wasabi with a passion. So when I first saw this recipe I thought, err maybe, but was not really convinced. Then I visited V Delicious on the morning of 4th July and tried some vegan sushi from a new Vegan Japanese restaurant that has just opened in London. I really loved it so now I want to try this recipe and visit the restaurant, I still hate wasabi though!
- The other one that really took my eye was Burmese Chickpea Tofu from Delicious Everyday which is tofu made from chickpeas rather than soya. This is definitely something that has to be tried at least once and might be a bit less processed.
- I saw this post on Coconut & Berries about Artisan Vegan Cheese which is a book giving you loads of recipes for vegan cheese and remembered that I had bought that before I turned vegan, a kindle version, and never used it. Thanks for the post as I think I will have to try a few of the recipes and it is something you might like too.
- This post on 4 Ways to Use Leftover Herbs on Oh My Veggies has some useful ideas in it and a great way of preserving your herbs
- Taste Yummies is a great blog that is running regular tutorials and this week it was How to Make Dairy Free Ice Cream which is really helpful and perfectly for this time of year.
- I want to finish with some really fantastic news for Mckel at Nutrition Stripped as we discovered this week there is to be a Nutrition Stripped Cookbook and I am sure we will all be waiting with eager excitement for it to be available. Congratulations!