These Friday posts seem to come round quicker every week. I have all these plans of the posts I am going to do in the week and then I get to Friday and have not managed it. That is partly because I am having a really hectic time what with decorating the house, trying to get myself set up as a yoga teacher and just generally socialising. I have a feeling that things are going to start to stabilise soon and I will be able to write the posts that I have planned, fingers crossed.
On the subject of posts, this weekly roundup is getting harder and harder each week and i just have so many recipes that I like that trying to pick only 6 is almost impossible. This week where I had a number of options I thought I would choose blogs that I have not included yet. Hopefully you like my selection and they are detailed below starting at the top left hand corner of the image and working clockwise:
- These Hazelnut Lava Cakes from Hungry Curious are a novel and interesting recipe that gives you a lot of different options. This is one of the blogs I have included for the first time and one I have just started reading. This is certainly a good place to start and hopefully there will be a lot more to come.
- Kristy at Keepin’ It Kind is always coming up with interesting twists on recipes and produces posts that are great to read and this Banh Mi-Less Banh Mi Bowl is no exception. I think this would make an excellent lunch and a bit different to a regular salad.
- I actually had a few breakfast options this week and this Chocolate & Almond Butter Buckwheat Granola from Blissful Basil won hands down for just sheer tastiness and the fact that I love buckwheat so finding another use for it is always a plus.
- Spinach and Herb Cauliflower Couscous Stuffed Zucchini Boats from Gourmande in the Kitchen was easy to include this week. It is so fresh, perfect for the summer and like all the recipes on this website just looks completely amazing.
- Hidden Fruit & Veggies is a blog I have been following for a while but I have never quite included it in my weekly roundup but this week the second I saw this Black Bean Cheesecake Brownies with Hazelnut Liqueur I just knew I had to put them in. I am sure you will love these, especially if you use a cashew cream cheese, just think how healthy they will be.
- Begin With Nutrition is a blog I have only recently come across and I really love this Blueberry Buckle, it would make a great sunday afternoon cake. Not all of the recipes on this blog are vegan but there are some great options and also lots of gluten free offerings.
- If you were wondering about the things you need in your kitchen then this week there was a post on Cookie & Kate that gives you details of the Fruit and Vegetables Tools You Actually Need, it is well worth a read.
- Last night I went for a dinner hosted by Provamel at The Grain Store near Kings Cross. It was a really lovely evening and the food was absolutely amazing, the atmosphere was warm and I got to meet some really lovely people. I will write a detailed post about this with images of my food and details of the menu, hopefully next week so stay tuned.
- One of the best posts i read this week was on Happy Healthy Life that gives 10 Reasons Why Vegans are Not Annoying. Trust me if you are vegan, have a vegan friend or are thinking about going vegan you are sure to love reading this post, it is definitely something I can identify with.
- Another little snippet about me is something I would not normally share but just cannot resist telling you about an online dating disaster. I went out for a drink with someone this week and if it had not been the fact I did not want to be mean I would have run away before he saw me, is that bad? I would say yes but trust me he did not look anything like his picture, nothing! Plus after talking to him for about 30 minutes I found out he was 6 years younger than his profile said. Granted I had only seen 1 picture and he did seem quite nice I think a little more care should be taken and this is advice to anyone, always get a second or third picture! Needless to say I will not be seeing him again!
- If you need any baking advice then this post on Whole Food Baking Tips from My Whole Food Life is really, really useful and perfect for anyone trying to adjust to a more healthy diet.
- There is so much that I could include in this list but today is my mum’s birthday so I have to go and do some spoiling. We are going out for a girls night tonight and if they are not too messy I might share some pictures next week!