I think the first thing I need to do on this roundup is apologise for the lack of posts this week. That is mainly due to the fact I have been really caught up with work and I did not want to write something that was only half thought out. To get my weekly recipes for this post I collect all the email I get and other posts on my favourites sits and save them to go through on a Friday. Some weeks it is really easy to pick six as they just stand out and other weeks I have so many recipes that I love that I find it difficult to choose.
This week was one where I was finding it difficult to choose so I split my recipes into different sections, sweet, savoury, drinks and breakfast and made sure I had one from each of those categories for you. Even with doing that it was still not easy so I really hope you like my selection this week. I have detailed them below from the image starting at the top left hand corner and working clockwise:
- This Manghurt from Can Caramelo would make the perfect breakfast, it is a bit like the smoothie bowls that we have been seeing on lots of blogs but more like a proper yoghurt. I will definitely be trying this as a breakfast.
- The minute I saw this Spring Vareniki by Golubka I knew it was going to make it into my weekly roundup. It is based on a traditional Russian dish and just seems like the perfect light meal for this time or year.
- This is the second breakfast recipe that made it to my list this week and I just could not leave it out. It is a dish that looks amazing and I am going to be getting some rosewater this week to try it. These Chia Seed Pudding Breakfast Pots with Raspberry Rosewater Sauce from Gourmande in the Kitchen will make the perfect breakfast if you are looking to impress.
- This Dehydration Busting Pineapple cucumber Mint Smoothie from Pickles & Honey is easily my favourite drink recipe this week and the ideal drink as the weather hots up.
- You get some of the best baking recipes from The Minimalist Baker and these Vegan Cheddar Jalapeño Biscuits are no exception. Simple to make and always tasty this is a great one to impress non vegans.
- I only have one real sweet option this week, mainly because there were so may other options this week. But if you want a quick and easy healthy treat then these 6 Ingredient Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Bites from The Fitchen are definitely my choice!
Now on to telling you about other bits for the week, well it is quite interesting that when I sit down to write this post every week my mind goes a bit blank and then the next day I remember loads of things I should have put in it. I think the only thing to do is keep a note of things as they happen so I can refer back to it, obvious really!
There is one thing that I have been meaning to share with you for ages and that is on April 12th I reach 12 months smoke free, and I am still going. The best thing about it is that it is so insignificant to me that it came and went without me even noticing. So that is a mini celebration for me.
On another celebrating point I spent a bit of time earlier in the week working on putting rich pins on to the blog, it still needs approving from Pinterest but should be ok, I just need to go back and edit all of my previous posts which will be fun but useful once it is done.
I told you last week about the upcoming Eurovision song contest and I know it is not cool to like it but I gave up trying to be cool a long time ago. It was probably one of the best contests for years and congratulations to Conchita Wurst. I know some people are saying it is a gimmick but it was actually quite a good song and deserved to win. The other thing that made it great is France cam last!
This coming weekend is going to be overly busy as well. I start my Yoga Teacher training with 2 days on Anatomy and Physiology. It is so busy though that I am missing the last 2 hours on the Saturday to get back for the FA Cup final. I am watching it on the big screen at The Emirates as I had to sell my tickets. I am really excited about it but gutted at the may things worked out so I won’t be able to go to the parade on Sunday. This I have to say is typical Arsenal, I have had a season ticket for Arsenal for 19 years and every year left the FA Cup final day free to be able to go and I have been to a lot of finals. When I was booking my teacher training I looked at loads, most of which went over a large part of the season and did not work for me. The one I chose missed the football season apart from the cup final, but Arsenal have not got there for the 8 years before this year and we seemed to stop trying so I thought I was safe. So guess what I tempted fate and will not get to enjoy it as I should but there will be others.
I am in a bit of a just keep talking like a complete mad woman mood so I apologise for the rambling nature of this post but I think I am a bit hyper because of the upcoming weekend. The other thing I wanted to share with you is this great post from One Ingredient Chef on How to Cook and Artichoke
. This was one of my favourite dishes as a kid and we always looked forward to the time of the year when they were in season. If you have not tried it before you should.
I’m sure there are loads of other things that I could tell you about but I think that this will turn into far to long a post if I do. Have a lovely week x