So sunday morning I woke up with the urge to bake something, I feel like I am turning into a completely different person. My mum thinks I am turning into our Nanny Nina my mums Maltese grandmother that always used to be baking something.
Well on Sunday I did do a bit of baking making some lovely chocolate treats as well as giving flapjacks another go after my last disaster and I am so glad I did. These flapjacks were very sweet and so yummy and are the perfect afternoon snack when you feel that slump coming on.
I had bought some freeze dried raspberries and vegan white chocolate a little while ago and had them in the cupboard until I decided what to do with them. Putting them in these flapjacks was a great idea, they are just so full of flavour.
Raspberry & White Chocolate Flapjacks
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
100g/3oz Vegan Butter or Coconut Oil
100g/3oz Unrefined Demorara Sugar
3 tbs Malt Rice Syrup
225g/8oz Porridge Oats
80g Vegan White Chocolate, chopped
2-3 tbs Freeze Dried Raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 and grease and line a 20cm/8in square tin.
2. Put the vegan butter, sugar and syrup in a pan and heat until the butter has melted and the sugar completely dissolved.
3. Remove pan from heat and stir in oats until completely coated in sugar and butter and then stir in the chocolate and raspberries.
4. Transfer flapjack mixture to baking tin and press down. Bake in over for 25 mins or until golden on edges.
5. Allow flapjacks to cool for 10 mins and then score 12 squares on surface of flapjacks then leave to cool completely before turning out and using a sharp knife to cut flapjacks.