I have selected my 6 favourite recipes that have been delivered to my inbox this week. They are pictured above and detailed below starting at the top left hand corner and working clockwise:
- French Toast Smoothie by Produce on Parade – it takes a certain kind of mind to come up with something like this and I am so glad about that because this looks really amazing.
- Almond Bars with Chocolate Topping by Divine Healthy Food – I love this blog so much and the recipes always look great. This has given me loads of inspiration on things for my blog.
- Creamy Vegan Butternut Squash Linguine with Fried Sage by Cookie & Kate – it is great fun reading this blog, finding out all about cookie plus the recipes are pretty amazing too!
- Vegan Spelt Carrot Cake with Coconut Cream Frosting by Divine Healthy Food – I am not going to apologise for having 2 recipes from 1 blog because as I have already said, I love it and I love carrot cake too!
- Raw Brownie Cake with Chocolate Avocado Frosting by The Taste Spice – I am normally not a fan of raw food because there are too many dates and they have a very high GL. There are a few in this but only in the frosting and they could be replaced easily.
- Zucchini & Sweet Potato Vichyssoise by The Simple Veganista – You might have guessed that I am a big fan of soups and this just looks so tasty.
Some of the other things that have made an impression on me this week are:
- There was a great post on Keeping It Kind this week called Top 10 Ways to Make Your Vegan Cooking the Best! It is a great resource for anyone starting out with vegan cooking.
- We did some intense side stretches in yoga on Tuesday and I think I discovered muscles that I never knew I had, at least it is doing me good.
- I have been feeling extremely happy this week, I am not really sure why but I feel like I have been taking happy pills or something!
- One of the things that made me smile this week was Andrew at One Ingredient Chef talking about his obsession with chocolate and peanut butter. A great way to brighten the day!
- I came across the concept of a Worldwide vegan bake sale and I think I will take part in it, I just need to decide on the charity and where I will hold it.
- There was an interesting article on Nutrition Stripped about water. It talks about the benefits of water and although I agree with most of it there is no attention paid to drinking too much water which is a bit of a thing for me at the moment, check out my article here.